Stop Bang Questionnaire PDF: Hello friends today in this blog we will discuss about STOP BANG Sleep Apnea Questionnaire and we will provide you Stop Bang Questionnaire PDF which you can very easily download. The download link is given below.
In obstructive sleep apnea, you fill repetitive obstruction of the upper airway often resulting in oxygen desaturation and arousal from sleep, excessive daytime sleepiness, unrefreshing sleep, poor concentration and fatigue.
Sleep apnea occurs when either breathing is completely stopped (apnea) or airflow decreases significantly (hypopnea), lasting more than 10 seconds during sleep and considered clinically relevant if these episodes persist for 30-60 seconds in a person.
Stop Bang Questionnaire PDF download
What is the Stop-Bang questionnaire?
The full meaning of stop bang word is described below: In this 4 questions are asked in Stop and 4 questions asked in Bang. These are also called the clinical features of stop bang questionnaire.
- S stands for snoring history
- T stands for tired during the day
- O stands for observed stop of breathing while sleeping
- P stands for high blood pressure
- B stands for BMI > 35 kg/m2
- A stands for age > 50 years
- N stands for neck circumference > 40 cm
- G stands for gender
Symptoms and Signs of Sleep Apnea
The symptoms of diurnal and nocturnal obstructive sleep apnea are mentioned below:
Diurnal Symptoms of Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Daytime sleepiness
- Memory and concentration dysfunction
- Sexual dysfunction
- Gastroesophageal reflux
- Behavioral irritability, (irritability, depression, chronic fatigue, delirium)
- Road traffic accident
Nocturnal Symptoms of Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Heavy persistent snoring, worse in supine position or after alcohol or sedatives
- Apnea with limb movement, witnessed by bed partner
- Sudden awakening with noisy breathing
- Accidents related to sleepiness
- Nocturnal sweating
- Wake up with dry mouth
- Nocturnal epilepsy
Effects of Obstructive Sleep Apnea
OSA is an insidious condition that compromises quality of life and has been linked with numerous coexisting medical issues, according to studies. Research indicates that patients diagnosed with OSA will have an increased incidence of other medical problems like:
- coronary artery diseases
- congestive heart failure
- cerebrovascular accidents
- gastroesophageal reflux disease
STOP BANG Sleep Apnea Questionnaire
Here are the 8 questions of stop bang sleep apnea given below and you can also check your score based on Yes or No.
- Do you SNORE loudly (louder than talking or loud enough to be heard through closed doors)?
- Do you often feel TIRED, fatigued, or sleepy during the daytime?
- Has anyone OBSERVED you stop breathing during your sleep?
- Do you have or are you being treated for high blood PRESSURE?
- BMI more than 35kg/m2?
- AGE over 50 years old?
- NECK circumference > 16 inches (40cm)?
- GENDER: Male?
- High risk of OSA: Yes 5 – 8
- Intermediate risk of OSA: Yes 3 – 4
- Low risk of OSA: Yes 0 – 2
Stop Bang Questionnaire PDF, STOP BANG Sleep Apnea Questionnaire: Hope you will get all the information regarding sleep apnea and download the Stop Bang Questionnaire PDF.