Chivas Regal is a brand of blended Scotch whisky that offers a range of variants with unique formulas and flavors. Here are some of the variants:
- Chivas Regal 12 Year Old: This is the core expression of the Chivas Regal brand, made up of the finest malt and grain Scotch whiskies. It has a smooth and generous taste with distinctive Speyside flavors of crisp orchard fruits and wild heather.
- Chivas Regal XV: This is an extravagant blended Scotch whisky built for opulent tastes. It is finished in Grande Champagne Cognac casks, which give it a rich and fruity flavor.
- Chivas Regal Extra 13 Sherry Cask: This is a 13-year-old blended Scotch whisky that is matured in Oloroso sherry casks, adding an extra rich flavor to the whisky.
- Chivas Regal Mizunara: This is a blended Scotch whisky that marries the best of Scotland and Japan. It is finished in Japanese Mizunara oak casks, which give it a spicy and fruity flavor.
- Chivas Regal 18 Year Old: This is an iconic blended Scotch whisky with a remarkable 85 flavor notes. It has a rich and complex taste with flavors of dark chocolate, dried fruit, and smoke.
- Chivas Regal Ultis XX: This is the ultimate blend for the ultimate indulgence. It is made up of five signature single malts, each representing a key flavor characteristic of Chivas Regal.
- Chivas Regal 25 Year Old: This is the world’s first luxury whisky, made up of the rarest and oldest whiskies available to Chivas Regal. It has a rich and velvety taste with flavors of dark chocolate, dried fruit, and honey.
Chivas Regal Price in USA
|Whisky||Flavor Profile||Price (750ml)|
|Chivas Regal 12 Year Old||Smooth, generous, Speyside flavors||$35|
|Chivas Regal XV||Rich, fruity, extravagant tastes||$60|
|Chivas Regal Extra 13 Sherry Cask||Extra rich, Sherry influence||$45|
|Chivas Regal Mizunara||Spicy, fruity, fusion of Scotland and Japan||$100|
|Chivas Regal 18 Year Old||Rich, complex, dark chocolate, dried fruit, smoke||$80|
|Chivas Regal Ultis XX||Ultimate blend for ultimate indulgence||$200|
|Chivas Regal 25 Year Old||Rich, velvety, dark chocolate, dried fruit, honey||$350|
Chivas Regal VS Glenfiddich – Top alternative of Chivas
Chivas Regal and Glenfiddich are both well-known whisky brands, each with its own distinct characteristics and appeal.
Chivas Regal: Chivas Regal is a blended Scotch whisky, known for its smooth and generous taste with distinctive Speyside flavors of crisp orchard fruits and wild heather. It offers a range of variants, including the Chivas Regal 12 Year Old, Chivas Regal 18 Year Old, and others, each with its unique flavor profile and aging process.
Chivas Regal 18, for example, exhibits a mild nose with apple juice, vanilla, and pear notes, and a flavor profile of ripe fruit, vanilla, plum, and subtle oak, with a gentle mid-palate warmth.
Glenfiddich: Glenfiddich, on the other hand, is a single malt Scotch whisky, known for its mellow and creamy drink that carries notes of pears and oakiness. It offers variants such as Glenfiddich 12 and Glenfiddich 18, each with its own unique flavor profile.
Glenfiddich 18 is remarkably smooth, offering a smoother and more effortless sipping experience, with a “plain vanilla” single malt profile and sherry influences.
Also Read: Glenfiddich Price in USA
What to mix with Chivas Regal for Better cocktails?
Chivas Regal can be used to create a variety of delicious cocktails. Here are a few popular options:
- Chivas Highball: This simple and refreshing cocktail involves mixing 50ml of Chivas Mizunara with soda water and ice. It can be garnished with a twist of lemon peel to enhance the citrus notes of the whisky.
- Chivas Whisky Sour: This classic cocktail requires 60ml of Chivas Regal 18 YO, 30ml of freshly squeezed lemon juice, 15ml of sugar syrup, and 25ml of egg white (optional). A dash of Angostura bitters and an orange peel are added for flavor. All the ingredients are combined in a shaker with ice and then strained into a glass.
- Old Fashioned: This timeless cocktail can be made with Chivas Regal by combining sugar, bitters, and a splash of water in a glass. Then, adding 60ml of Chivas Regal and a large ice cube. Finally, garnishing with an orange twist.
- Godfather: This cocktail is a simple mix of Chivas Regal and amaretto liqueur, served over ice. It’s a smooth and flavorful option for those who enjoy a sweeter drink.
These cocktails shows the versatility of Chivas Regal in creating a range of flavors and experiences, from refreshing highballs to classic sours and more. Whether you prefer something light and bubbly or rich and complex, there’s a Chivas Regal cocktail to suit your taste.
Chivas Regal Origin
The origins of Chivas Regal can be traced back to the early 19th century. The story begins around 1801 when John Forrest set up an Aberdeen grocery and wine merchant. John and James Chivas took over the business in the 1850s, and it was the passing of the 1860 Spirit Act that enabled the brothers to establish themselves as pioneers in the world of Scotch.
In 1895, Charles Stewart Howard took over the company with Alexander Smith and introduced Chivas Regal 25 Year Old in 1909, primarily targeting wealthy North American audiences. This marked the birth of the brand, which would go on to become the world’s first luxury whisky, establishing an esteemed reputation that has endured for over a century.